An Act Creating The Philippine Medical Academy, Establishing The Philippine Medical Scholarship Program And Appropriating Funds Therefor
- This bill creates a Philippine Medical Academy and establishes a Philippine Medical Scholarship and Service Program to address the increasing needs for medical practitioner in the country. It shall be administered by the Philippine Medical Academy Scholarship Board.
- The Academy shall provide the institutional mechanism and the scholarship program shall provide the financial and other educational resource support mechanisms for the pursuit of studies in the field of medicine by deserving and qualified young people.
- The UP College of Medicine shall serve as the principal medical institution where scholars of the program shall pursue their studies.
- Mandates that upon passing the medical board, scholarship grantees shall render a mandatory public service for a period of at least 1 year for each year of scholarship benefits received.
- P100M for the initial implementation shall be charged against the Contingent Fund and overall savings of the Executive Branch.
COMMENT : Off