An Act Expediting Universal Healthcare Under The National Health Insurance Program And Improving The Philippine Health Insurance Program And Improving The Philippine Health Insurance Corporation’s (PhilHealth) Benefit Packages, Providing Funds Therefor And For Other Purposes
- This bill at expediting the attainment of universal healthcare by providing coverage to all Filipinos to eventually close the gap from the current 92% to 100%
- This bill proposes to improve the benefit packages being offered by PhilHealth by increasing the amount of benefits to lessen the out-of-pocket expenses on the part of the members. Improved benefit packages would include preventive and promotive health services to lessen the chances of confinement and to encourage a healthy lifestyle among the population.
- Funding shall be sourced from: a) total sin tax collection, except those earmarks mandated by law; b) the 50% share of the national government in the aggregate gross earnings of the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR); and c) The Charity Fund of the Philippine Charity and Sweepstakes Office (PCSO).
- This will address the issues on transparency, accountability and effective utilization of government funds, particularly the PAGCOR income and the PCSO charity fund which have been left to the discretion of its respective Boards in the past years.
- The amount to be allocated for universal healthcare shall likewise be reflected in the General Appropriations Act.