An Act Providing For A Magna Carta For The Road Transportation Sector
- Institutionalization of the participatory mechanisms for the road transportation sector by including the guarantee of representation in the governing boards or appointment in government instrumentalities;
- Creation of a Road Incident Complaints and Investigation Office directly under the Department of Justice to receive and act on complaints against traffic abuses;
- The bill recognizes the right of all road transportation workers to engage in collective bargaining with road transportation operators and owners to promote the interests of employees such as, just compensation, health benefits and social security;
- Free legal assistance, counseling and representation for indigent members of the road transportation sector to be provided by the Public Attorney’s Office;
- Mandatory enrollment of road transportation workers in employee benefits such as Social Security System, Philhealth and Pag-IBIG Fund;
- Road Transportation Education
- For the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority to design and conduct short-course trainings on road transportation education; and
- The Department of Education (DepEd) to incorporate in the high school curriculum a subject that aims to provide basic driving skills and education on traffic laws, rules and regulations.
- Putting up of free common transportation terminal facilities;
- Creation of a One Stop Transportation Services Office and establishing a Road Transportation Surety Fund Program.
- 10% of the MVUC Collections shall be allocated to implement this Act.
COMMENT : Off