An Act Protecting Consumers From Unreasonable Fee Increases By Providing For A Consumer Group Representation In The Governing Boards Of Government Regulatory Bodies, Amending For The Purpose Their Respective Charters, And For Other Purposes
- The bill proposes to include at least one (1) representative coming from consumer groups belonging to the sector being regulated by the government regulatory body concerned, amending the charters creating the following regulatory bodies:
- Land Transportation and Franchising Regulatory Board;
- Toll Regulatory Board;
- Energy Regulatory Commission;
- Manila Waterworks and Sewerage System;
- Local Water Utilities Administration; and
- National Telecommunications Commission.
- Creates the position of Consumer Group Representative, who will sit on the Governing Boards of these regulatory bodies.
COMMENT : Off