An Act Rationalizing The Economic Regulation Of Water Utilities, Creating The Water Regulatory Commission, And For Other Purposes
- The objective of this bill is to rationalize the economic regulation of water supply and sanitation services with the creation of the Water Regulatory Commission; an independent, quasi-judicial body consolidating the economic regulatory powers of the various water agencies into one national body.
- The proposed measure seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Achieve universal access to improved water and sanitation services for the entire country through an effective economic regulatory system that can compel expansion of service coverage, efficiency in operations and quality of service;
- Encourage private sector participation in the development and expansion of water and sanitation services;
- Protect the interest of consumers; and
- Address the conflicts of interest inherent in the current water regulatory agencies.
COMMENT : Off